Tuesday, November 20, 2012

inclass; 11/20/12

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:

Most of the characters in say you're one of them do not have free will ( the ability to make their own decisions).

In "Say you're oen of them" wrote by Akpan, I have a strong arguement that most of the characters in the book have a free will and some can not depend on their situtation. For an example, Uncle Fofo in the story of "Fatten for Gabon" made the decision of selling Kotchikpa and Yewa for money because he is an adult and their guardian while their parent were sick in bed with AIDS. I strongly agreed that he had the ability of free will but he choose something he dream of having over family members and attempt to sell them. The characters that do not have any free will or freedom that I read in "Say you're one of them"(Akpan). Most of them are childrens characters. The childrens are in the age of three to ten year old would not understand how hard to struggle for resources as the adults in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment